The Equine Armor Inc™ programs range from sitting in a peaceful setting watching horses graze, all the way up to teaching horses how to be ridden.
Sessions are customized to each individual, and are offered free-of-charge to veterans and first responders. Clients do not need to have any experience with horses to be able to participate. Referrals from a doctor are NOT required.
All Equine Armor™ clients will be learning the language of the Horse in order to develop new patterns of communication and be able to transmit their wishes to the horse. As they learn to read and respond to the horse’s body language, they bond in ways that help them to understand what they are responsible for in the relationship and how to modulate reactions to stimuli to get the desired result.
Equine Armor Inc™ has 39 horses at our disposal, loaned from Royal Legend Horse Center. The horses vary in size from a small miniature horse, to a large warm-blood, and in age from birth to 26. The atmosphere on our Texas ranch is very laid-back, peaceful, and uplifting.
Our supervised sessions include but are not limited to:
- Building relationships
- through group exercises
- through one-on-one horse time
- Building communication by learning horsemanship skills on the ground and/or under saddle:
- Clients are taught how to handle and care for a horse
- Clients may learn how to train horses
- Clients may also learn how to ride horses*
- Setting goals and achieving success with hands-on projects and horse care·
- Finding respite in a peaceful country setting in the Brazos Valley.
All Equine Armor Inc™ clients may work with groups of horses, or generalized projects, or they may choose to work with one individual horse, and the same horse each time he/she visits. All of these options are possible, and may change with the needs of each client.
*Therapy riding may incur a fee.
Equine Armor Inc is a 501c3 non-profit located in Bryan, Texas